A Time to Change Together is the agreed way forward for the Diocese of Lincoln. As a family of churches, the body of Christ, and for the flourishing of his Church, we have committed to:
- Collaborative working between churches of different types
- Collaborative working between a rich variety of ministers
- Strategically focusing resources for mission and growth
- Supporting each church to flourish in its distinctive role
- Enriching our lives as a Christian family through layers of belonging – the house group, the
small local church, the larger church, the wider church in the area, the diocese, the cathedral,
- Promoting a culture of being church that is collaborative, generous, active, hospitable and
centred on Christ.
‘Though we are many, we are one body, because we all share in one bread’1 Corinthians 10:17
Essential to the new way of working are two new overlaid structures which bring together parishes, benefices and deaneries into workable, missional joined-up patterns: Deanery Partnerships and Local Mission Partnerships.