Skip to content
Home / Parish Support / Safeguarding / Training / What training do I need?

What training do I need?

There are a number of different training pathways that are explored below with information on how to access and complete them. Different roles are required to complete specific training pathways for a number of reasons, information on what training is required to be completed in your role can be seen in the below Quick-Guide Grid.

If you have further questions, please be in touch with our training officer via

Quick Guide Grid: 
Role Basic Awareness (C0) Foundation (C1) Leadership (C2) Domestic Abuse Awareness Safer Recruitment 
Incumbent and clergy, including those who hold PtO ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ 
Licensed lay ministers eg. Readers ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ 
Authorised Lay Ministers ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ 
Volunteers working with children / vulnerable adults ✓ ✓ 
Leaders of groups with children / vulnerable adults ✓ ✓ 
DBS / Lead Recruiters ✓ ✓ 
Parish Safeguarding Officers ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ 
Churchwardens   *It is advised Churchwardens undertake C2 Leadership training, where their church is in vacancy ✓ ✓ 
PCC Members ✓ ✓ ✓ 
Bell Tower Captains ✓ ✓ 
Bell Ringers ✓ 
Coffee morning / group volunteers ✓ 
Cleaners, flower arrangers, gardeners, other volunteers ✓ 
Those involved in the recruitment of volunteers ✓ ✓