This fund provides grants for missional initiatives or significantly developing projects that will transform lives across Greater Lincolnshire. There are two levels of grants: Tier 1 (max £500), and Tier 2 (£501 – max £20,000). Applications can come from churches, parishes, benefices, deaneries or church-affiliated and ecumenical groups connected to the diocese.
The fund supports missional projects, in line with diocesan priority areas:
01522 50 40 75
- Worship: growing the number of people worshiping Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour
- Discipleship: growing the depth of Christian faith and spirituality, learning to be followers of Jesus Christ and become more like him
- Service: growing in serving the church and local community.
Priority will be given to projects which align with the Anglican Communion’s Five Marks of Mission https://www.anglicancommunion.org/mission/marks-of-mission.aspx and :
- develop and grow our mission, ministry and discipleship, lay and ordained
- strengthen local partnerships to allow missional developments to flourish
- help with administration and governance, such as by developing communication and improving technology
The Transformation Fund application process is also a gateway to additional missional trust funds. Their charitable objectives cover the area of the Diocese of Lincoln and are focussed on:
- Church activity with children, young people, families, their mental health and wellbeing
- Wider church projects for people in areas of income deprivation offering employment, or training and preparing for employment
- Ecumenical projects serving communities with a focus on social justice
- Christian Youth Organisations in Lincoln – particularly uniformed groups,
- Religious, charitable or educational purposes, particularly spiritual, intellectual, moral, social or physical needs
Tier 1 and 2 applications will:
- promote growth
- be prayerfully considered
- be researched and evidence-based
- encourage parishes to take considered risks
- be well thought out
- demonstrate good stewardship
- lead to transformation.
NB the Transformation Fund does not fund building projects or repairs.
Tier 1 Grants
Tier 1 grants cover up to £500
This tier is designed to help churches quickly progress their ideas. Applications can be submitted at any time of the year to: email@example.com.
Tier 1 Information Booklet
Tier 2 Grants
Tier 2 grants cover from £501 to a maximum of £20,000 within any one year.
If you are planning a Tier 2 application, contact the Transformation Fund Officer early in your thinking. Continuation funding on a sliding scale into future years (max 3 years) can be considered. The application requires prayerful consideration and significant preparation.
The closing dates for 2024 applications are:
10th March for panel meeting on 20th March 2024
4th June for panel meeting on 18th June 2024
10th September for panel meeting on 24th September 2024
28th November for panel meeting on 12th December 2024